For the last few years, air fryers have created quite a buzz—and for good reason. Using little to no oil, these mini convection ovens blow super-hot air around food to mimic the golden-browning effect of deep frying. They can make everything from faux-fried chicken wings to French fries and other crispy veggies with only a couple tablespoons—not cups!—of oil and without the splatter-y mess.
But many air fryers on the market don’t come cheap. They range from around $70 to more than $600 depending on the style you choose—whether a large-capacity air fryer, small-portion space saver or multi-cooker that does so much more. Before you open your wallet and give up precious kitchen real estate, take a look at our picks for the best air fryers in Canada.
(Still have questions? Our air fryer buying guide can help.)
What kind of air fryer are you looking for?
Best Air Fryer Overall
The Philips Airfryer line gets rave reviews for being easy to use and cooking food more evenly and consistently than similar models. The Digital Turbostar is our favourite from the collection because it has four digital presets, is a cinch to clean and looks sleek on a countertop—a must if you plan to use it regularly.
- The heat and airflow of this digital air fryer reduce fat by up to 90 percent compared to deep frying or wok frying and turn foods extra crispy.
- Clean-up is easy because the removable non-stick mesh frying basket and the drawer with non-stick coating are both dishwasher safe.
- Customers have said that the included recipe booklet is limited (but there are hundreds of extra recipes for the air fryer in the app).
It works great. Steak, chicken, fish, brownies were all done to perfection when following directions. Easy clean-up in the dishwasher, too.
This product only comes with a basket, but you can make so much more with the inserts. You need to purchase those separately.
Best Air Fryer and Pressure Cooker
This versatile Instant Pot air fryer and pressure cooker combines two must-have appliances for the price of one. You’ll be able to make a variety of juicy dishes in a snap—even rotisserie-style chicken! Just pressure cook a whole chicken and then swap in the air fryer lid to get the skin nice and crispy. With a little practice, your family dinners will be golden (*wink wink*).
- This Instant Pot is an 11-in-1 multi-use pressure cooker that can air fry, pressure cook, sauté, steam, slow cook, sous vide, warm, roast, bake, broil and dehydrate.
- The air fryer’s “Smart Programs” let you easily select a cooking preset, but you can also customize the time and temperature settings yourself.
- The eight-quart capacity is ideal for cooking family-sized meals. (But if you already own a six-quart Instant Pot, you can purchase the air fryer lid separately.)
Absolutely love it! I’ve done pork chops, Brussels sprouts, chicken drumsticks, and cauliflower in the air fryer so far and I cannot believe how great they turn out.
It was difficult for me to learn how to use the pressure cooker, but the air fryer was easier.
Best Air Fryer for Small Spaces
This compact and budget-friendly air fryer is the size of a small coffee maker and is ideal for an apartment or student dorm room. The fryer can cook a one-serving main dish or two appetizer portions and makes preparing frozen foods like breaded chicken tenders and fries a total cinch. Best of all? You can also grill, roast and bake in it. Plus, it has a preset function for cute little cakes (yum!).
- The mini air fryer includes six digital preset modes: grill, roast, fries, shrimp, fish and cake.
- It has a small 1.6-litre capacity (400g of food) and can serve one or two people, depending on portion size.
- A 60-minute countdown timer with automatic shutoff lets you set it and forget it, while an adjustable thermostat with precise temperature settings (from 80˚C to 200˚C) gives you even greater control over cooking.
It’s perfect for small-sized portions. I love to make my baby snacks and food in it. I would definitely recommend this if you have kids.
If you forget to flip your food during the cooking process, it will end up burnt on one side and mushy on the other.
Best Air Fryer Alternative
Air frying is really just another method of convection baking, so you may prefer a versatile toaster oven that offers even more ways to cook your food. The Cuisinart Chef’s Convection Oven is a great example with its 15 different cooking functions including dual cook, speed convection and sandwich setting. Plus, its bigger than most air fryers, so it’s perfect for feeding a family. It might take a few minutes longer to cook food in the Cuisinart than an air fryer, but the benefit is consistently good results.
- This countertop convection oven comes with useful accessories, such as a 13-inch pizza stone, two oven racks and an enamel-coated steel baking pan.
- It’s spacious enough to fit a 13-inch pizza, nine slices of bread, a nine-inch by 13-inch baking pan or a whole nine-pound chicken. That said, it takes up a fair amount of space on the counter.
- It has 1875 watts of power for even and consistent hot airflow and an “Exact Heat” sensor to maintain precise oven temperatures.
I love the features on this model. It not only will shut off when you set it to, but will also cook at two different temperatures.
The top/left side and back get real hot so this can’t be placed close to objects that can melt.
Best Air Fryer on a Budget
If you want an entry-level air fryer that won’t decimate your wallet, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the T-fal Easy Fry XL. This air fryer can grill, roast or bake a variety of foods for up to six people (enough to feed most families!). Plus, its adjustable temperature controls and compact size make for hassle-free (clutter-free!) cooking.
- The frying basket holds 4.2 litres of food, giving it a larger capacity than many comparably priced air fryers.
- Adjustable temperature settings from 80°C to 200°C and a 60-minute timer give you exact control over heating and cooking times.
- It’s easy to clean with its non-stick, removable cooking basket that’s dishwasher safe.
I have a hard time getting my hubby and kids eating healthy but with this fryer, no problem! It’s so easy to use and a timesaver, especially with the little ones.
Remember to clean the fryer bucket with soft sponges only. The non-stick coating on the rack is a little thin in spots.
Best Air Fryer Convection Oven
The Cuisinart Air Fryer Convection Oven is another two-in-one cooking appliance that’s great for saving kitchen counter space. The full-size toaster oven comes with a built-in air fryer, so it not only bakes (with or without convection) but broils, toasts and air-fries inside the oven, too. The glass window in the door means you’ll be able to watch your food cook—a big advantage over windowless pod-shaped air fryers.
- This combination convection oven and air fryer is large enough to cook for the whole family. It can toast six slices of bread or bake a four-pound chicken or a 12-inch pizza.
- It looks smart on a countertop with its brushed stainless-steel exterior. Plus, the inside is coated in a non-stick finish and is hand washable.
- The oven’s ultra-high heat and 1800 watts of powerful airflow help produce super-crispy results. It also comes with an adjustable thermostat, 60-minute timer and auto-shutoff.
It’s very convenient. I like the ability to see inside and the different cooking options. It made my life much easier.
The baking tray stains easily and is very hard to clean.
How we choose products: Simply put, we don’t recommend any products we wouldn’t buy ourselves. Our writers leverage a number of sources as a starting point, including reputable third-party reviews, Walmart.ca user reviews, and Walmart Canada’s category specialists. theHUB editorial staff has final say for all products included in this guide.
Any product claims noted are provided by the manufacturer, unless otherwise stated.
Prices shown are subject to change. Please check Walmart.ca for the latest pricing.
This article is intended as general information. To be sure a product is right for you, always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.