When it comes to choosing the right diaper bag, you might be looking for a tote that’s large enough to handle all the essentials, a backpack that won’t strain your shoulders, or something in a neutral pattern that both parents like. If you add a wipe dispenser, insulated bottle-pockets and water-resistant fabric to your personal list of must-haves, that’s a pretty tall order.
To help you find a bag that fits all your needs, we’ve rounded up six of the best diaper bags in Canada with notes about their unique features, plus real reviews from parents who’ve tried them on for size. The best part? Most of these baby diaper bags will pass as casual carryalls long after your diapering days are behind you.
What type of diaper bag are you looking for?
Best Diaper Bag Overall
This highly-rated, large-capacity diaper bag appeals to moms and dads alike thanks to its sophisticated look and neutral grey tone. The affordable price is definitely right, especially because it includes a coordinating, wipeable changing pad that experienced parents say is larger than most. (Trust us: Bigger is better in this case.)
- The bag has 11 pockets in total, including a zippered pocket for your phone, cards and cash.
- Insulated pockets keep baby bottles cool.
- No-slip grips let you attach the lightweight bag to a stroller or shopping cart.
The inside is huge. I have twins and it fits all their diapers, wipes, toys, burp cloths, bibs and two blankets! The side pockets are also a great size: I can fit my 32-ounce water bottle in one side and two eight-ounce baby bottles in the other.
It’s a bit bulky, which makes it look like a weekend bag.
Best Diaper Bag on a Budget
With an elephant print that’s almost as cute as your little one, this affordable diaper bag is both lightweight and spacious. If you don’t give a hoot about elephants, opt for owls or unicorns instead!
- Store diapers, bottles, snacks and your electronics in the bag’s five exterior and two interior pockets and keep them secure thanks to the double top-zip opening.
- Use the removable changing pad for quick diaper changes on the go.
- It’s a true duffle bag, which means the adjustable strap can be quite long.
Love that it has many different pockets for various items that a baby needs, and the change mat is great.
The shoulder straps are too long for us.
Best Diaper Bag for Travel
With multiple compartments and a genius baby-wipes dispenser on the side for easy clean-ups, this durable bag is a winner for any road trip. The satchel includes a fleece blanket and insulated food bag and is big enough to accommodate a 15-inch laptop computer, making it ideal for day trips as well.
- The Bblüv Ültra comes with an extra-large changing pad with pockets and a strap so it can be carried on its own.
- It’s easy to clean and has a separate zippered section for wet items.
- The padded strap makes carrying a full pack comfortable and the universal connector means it can be hooked on most strollers.
Having the wipes dispenser on the outside makes quick changes and clean-ups a breeze! The colour is great for both me and hubby to carry around, and it hooks onto our stroller nicely for easy travel.
The large main flap can make it annoying to get in and out of the bag when you want something.
Best Diaper Bag Backpack
While some parents swear by wider, more traditional baby diaper bags, others love the sporty look and hands-free ease of a diaper bag backpack. This one really delivers with nine organizer pockets—including an insulated side pocket for a bottle or snacks—as well as a small coordinating change pad.
- The side baby-wipes dispenser has you covered for messy feedings and changes.
- Electronics stay safe thanks to separate phone and laptop/tablet compartments, but you may find that items get disorganized in the spacious main compartment.
- The softly padded backpack straps are easy to adjust for mom or dad.
We’ve had many different styles of diaper bags over the course of five kids and this is by far my favourite. It is nice and big and has a wipes dispenser on the outside, which I love.
It’s long and narrow inside, so I have to remove everything to get to the stuff at the bottom of the bag.
Most Stylish Diaper Bag
The chic black-and-birch colour scheme has major style cred, while the spacious interior keeps all your diaper essentials within easy reach. Moms and dads love the ease of flipping open the built-in changing station—which can also be zipped out—although some reviewers wish that the bottle pockets of this top-selling bag were insulated.
- In addition to padded, adjustable backpack straps, a long strap lets you carry the bag on your shoulder or as a cross-body.
- The roomy bag offers five interior pockets as well as two exterior bottle pockets.
- The Boxy also comes with stroller straps to attach the bag to most strollers.
Had to get another Boxy! I got my first five years ago and it was the best thing ever: easy to carry, easy to clean and I love the built-in changing pad.
There isn’t an exterior zippered pocket for quick access to my “mom stuff” like my phone and wallet. To get at those, you would need to flip the enormous top flap and dig inside.
Best Diaper Bag for Men
Dads will love the neutral, classic look of this diaper bag backpack, but they’ll really geek out over its organizational features. Case in point: The bottom section of the backpack is a fully insulated cooler area that can be further compartmentalized with the machine-washable Inter-Mix System Starter caddy, which is sold separately.
- The vegan leather detailing and premium hardware look luxe, plus the bag comes in sand and blush.
- The supplied wipes case and removable changing pad fit neatly in the top compartment.
- D-rings at either side of the top handle let you attach the bag to a stroller or shopping cart with Valet Stroller Clips (sold separately).
The insulated bottom part of the bag is very handy and easily fits a bottle in an ice pack, water bottle and snacks. I took this on a short hike and it was very comfortable.
Wish there was a little more interior space (packing for two boys). Perfect for one child.
Diaper Bag Essentials
How we choose products: Simply put, we don’t recommend any products we wouldn’t buy ourselves. Our writers leverage a number of sources as a starting point, including reputable third-party reviews, Walmart.ca user reviews, and Walmart Canada’s category specialists. theHUB editorial staff has final say for all products included in this guide.
Any product claims noted are provided by the manufacturer, unless otherwise stated.
Prices shown are subject to change. Please check Walmart.ca for the latest pricing.
This article is intended as general information. To be sure a product is right for you, always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.