Whether you choose true wireless earbuds or an over-ear style, the right set of Bluetooth headphones will be convenient (no cords!) and comfortable for everything from walking the dog to taking calls. Through the wonders of noise-cancelling technology, they may even dampen the din of your kids’ screens and bring peace to your workouts and meditations. Check out our picks for the best wireless headphones available in Canada.
What type of headphones are you looking for?
Best On-Ear Wireless Headphones
When Dr. Dre first launched his stylish and affordable brand, it helped turn over-ear headphones into a fashion statement. The Solo3 set continues the trend with its sleek design and luxuriously comfy ear cups, not to mention divine audio quality. Use them to feel the rhythm during long dog walks, look sharp while shopping or enjoy me-time in the backyard.
- The streamlined, foldable design makes it easy to carry these headphones in smaller bags and purses.
- “Fast Fuel” charging tech funnels three hours’ worth of juice into the Solo3’s battery in just five minutes.
- Intuitive touch controls let you select tracks, take phone calls and even activate Apple’s Siri voice assistant.
The headphones are very comfortable, and the speakers sound great. My husband’s hinting that he would LOVE to have these for his birthday also.
Thought they would be louder, but they’re pretty.
Best In-Ear Wireless Headphones
Apple’s covetable Bluetooth earphones kick-started the wireless earbud trend—and not just because they have superb sound quality. They’re beloved because they will automatically pair with any of your Apple devices. Plus, they come with a charging case that, when fully charged, enables up to 24 hours of sound.
- They’re designed by Apple’s legendary ergonomics engineers to fit snugly and comfortably in almost any ear.
- The charging case keeps them safe and sound (a necessity, since wireless earbuds are easy to lose!). And if you lose one, use Apple’s “Find My” app to find it again.
- Some people love the fit, while others find that the AirPods fall out easily.
Love the sound quality and being able to tap the side to skip music or answer calls. I definitely hear the bass and they fit comfortably in my ears. Definitely worth paying for!
You have to be careful not to let them slip out, but they are a comfortable fit.
Best Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
A deluxe version of Apple’s renowned wireless buds, the AirPods Pro have everything you’d expect—they’re just as comfortable as the base model, offer exemplary audio and come with a handy charging case—then up the ante with indulgent features. The best one? Active noise-cancelling technology to filter out unwanted sounds in the world around you. If you need to keep tabs on outside sounds (like your kids), just switch to transparency mode.
- A new feature called “Adaptive AQ” customizes audio to each user’s ear anatomy.
- A patented sealed design makes these buds water resistant to protect against sweat (though they’re not suitable for water sports).
- Their fit is easier to customize than previous AirPod models thanks to three included silicone tips, but some people still find that they fall out.
The sound quality is amazing, and the noise cancellation and transparency mode are also super cool and work well. Also, the size of the case they use to charge is perfectly pocketable and includes wireless charging.
Kept falling out when I reached down or moved a lot. Had to buy silicone hooks to keep in place.
Best Wireless Headphones for TV
These relatively small over-ear headphones are suited to a variety of activities, but they’re especially useful for enjoying your favourite movies and TV shows without waking up the rest of the house. They pair automatically with recognized devices (like your smart TV or stereo receiver), offer superb sound quality and include Bose noise-cancelling technology so you can immerse yourself in whatever you’re watching.
- Access additional features—including equalizer settings that allow you to adjust the bass, midrange and treble—using the free Bose app. You may need to visit the Bose website to fully understand all the features and settings available.
- Take phone calls and issue voice commands with your headphones using the built-in mic.
- Enjoy up to 20 hours of sound before plugging in for a power top-up.
I love the quick Bluetooth pairing. The adjustable noise canceling is a great feature enabling me to hear the family if they call out to me.
The instructions that came with the product were not thorough.
Best Wireless Headphones for Running
If you want the freedom of wireless earbuds but are afraid of losing them, these are the Bluetooth headphones for you. They’re equipped with form-fitting ear hooks that wrap around your ears, ensuring that the buds stay comfortably in place while you run or work out. They’re also water resistant to keep out sweat and have volume and track selection buttons on both buds so you can easily make adjustments on the go.
- Enjoy up to nine hours of music before recharging, and up to 1.5 hours with just a 10-minute top-up on a low battery.
- Dynamic range and noise isolation keep your workout playlist loud and level.
- Class 1 Bluetooth connectivity means more reliable connections at longer distances.
Sound quality is great, they stay on your ears fantastically and battery life is close to nine hours.
These feel secure in the ears. However, I feel it goes down in the ear too far. I guess it will take some time getting used to.
Best Wireless Gaming Headphones
Games rock when you’re the one playing, but they tend to sound loud and obnoxious for non-players within earshot. These pro gaming cans from Astro make life better for everyone. Gamers get detailed, peerless sound quality at whatever volume they like (plus the ability to chat with teammates via the built-in mic), while everyone else in the house gets a break from the constant sound of gunshots, explosions and screaming.
- High-tech drivers deliver crisp, clear audio quality with balanced sound—great for hearing enemies sneak up behind you.
- The extraordinarily comfortable over-ear design keeps ears cozy even during marathon play sessions.
- They’re compatible with PlayStation 4, PC and Mac. You can also connect to a PlayStation 5 using a USB adapter (sold separately).
Great sound, fast charging and the range is amazing.
Battery life could be longer, but still good.
Best Kids Wireless Headphones
These volume-reduced Bluetooth headphones are bound to be a hit with kids thanks to their bright colour and Trolls theme. Kids can connect them to everything from phones and tablets to TVs and home theatre components, making them great for music, movies, YouTube, video games and more. They’re even foldable so your child can safely stash them in a backpack.
- The set holds up to 28 hours of juice and also comes with a cord if your child prefers to keep them plugged in.
- They feature a built-in microphone for chatting with friends and family.
- While these are volume-reduced headphones, you may still prefer to keep an eye on the sound level if your kids like to turn them up to the highest setting.
My daughter loves these so much. Worth it.
Bought these for my little one because you could control the sound level. I constantly have to turn them down as I can hear what they’re watching clearly when they’re up all the way.
Best Budget Wireless Headphones
Perhaps you don’t fancy yourself an audiophile. Or maybe you’re just worried about losing tiny, pricey earbuds. Whatever your reasons, if you crave truly wireless sound without the stress of a high price tag, Borne has you covered. These ultra-affordable Bluetooth headphones are compatible with Apple and Android devices, have a built-in mic for hands-free calling, and even come with a charging case so you’re never without power or protection.
- Traditional in-ear design makes for a comfortable and secure fit for most wearers.
- 10-metre Bluetooth wireless range keeps you dependably connected to phone calls and music.
- Listen all afternoon, thanks to battery life of up to four hours on average use.
The quality is pretty good, the battery life is pretty good and range is amazing! Pairing to my device was very simple.
It took me a while to figure out the controls, as the manual that comes with them doesn’t have info.
More Headphones and Accessories
You might also like
How we choose products: Simply put, we don’t recommend any products we wouldn’t buy ourselves. Our writers leverage a number of sources as a starting point, including reputable third-party reviews, Walmart.ca user reviews, and Walmart Canada’s category specialists. theHUB editorial staff has final say for all products included in this guide.
Any product claims noted are provided by the manufacturer, unless otherwise stated.
Prices shown are subject to change. Please check Walmart.ca for the latest pricing.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.