For many Canadians, the thrill of the in-store hunt is all part of Black Friday’s allure. But in the year of COVID-19, you may prefer online shopping to lining up with the crowds.
To help you snag all the best deals this year, we’ve rounded up our top insider tips for making the most of Black Friday on November 27, 2020.
Want to get a jumpstart? You can actually begin shopping Walmart’s early deals online at 7 a.m. EST on November 19, 2020.
|Anytime!||Preload your cart before Black Friday|
|Thursday, November 19||7 a.m. EST and 7 a.m. local time in-store, but check your store to confirm! (Sale ends Nov. 25, 2020)||Shop early Black Friday deals|
|Wednesday, November 25||9 p.m. EST||Take part in Walmart’s toy and video game event|
|Thursday, November 26||9 p.m. EST
9:30 p.m. EST
|Buy Black Friday items online. Extra deals will be released after half an hour!|
|Friday, November 27||6 a.m. local time||Shop in-store|
|Anytime!||Preload your cart before Cyber Monday|
|Sunday, November 29||9 p.m. EST||Buy Cyber Monday items online|
|Tuesday, December 1||12 a.m. EST||Shop Cyber Monday’s continued sales online|
FYI, you can also visit Walmart.ca’s Black Friday info page to sign up for email notifications.
1Zero in on the deals you want to score, plus brands to watch.
Starting at 9 p.m. EST on November 25, 2020, Walmart’s Toy & Video Game Event will launch on Walmart.ca. Online times will vary for promoted products. Stores will start opening across Canada at 7 a.m. on November 26, 2020. Check your local store to confirm the opening time.
Here are our top six toys and games:
- L.O.L. Surprise! Bigger Surprise – Sale Price: $49.97 (save $80)
- PAW Patrol Motorized Dino Patroller – Sale Price: $39.94 (save $40)
- Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Servin’ Up Fun Food Truck – Sale Price: $49.94 (save $50.03)
- Lego Harry Potter Hogwarts Great Hall – Sale Price: $79.86 (save $50)
- Video game software like Ghost of Tsushima (PS4) – Sale Price: $9.96 each (save $10)
- Nintendo Switch software like The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening – Sale Price: $49.96 each (save $30)
Bookmark our favourite toys and games (sale prices go live at 9 p.m. EST, Nov. 25)
And starting at 9 p.m. EST on November 26, 2020, Walmart’s Black Friday deals will start to launch on Walmart.ca. Online times will vary for promoted products. Stores will start opening across Canada at 6 a.m. on November 27, 2020. Check your local store to confirm the opening time.
Here are our top 12 Black Friday deals:
- Dyson Cycle V10 Motorhead Cordless Vacuum – Sale Price: $398.98 (save $201.01)
- Instant Pot 6-Quart Duo Crisp Air Fryer and Pressure Cooker – Sale Price: $129.88 (save $100.10)
- Google Nest Mini (2nd Generation) – Sale Price: $35 (save $34)
- Cuisinart Stand Mixer – Sale Price: $189.97 (save $60)
- Hoover Impulse Cordless Stick Vacuum – Sale Price: $98 (save $130.98)
- Acer 32″ WQHD Monitor – Sale Price: $299.99 (save $100)
- Asus Chromebook 14″ Laptop – Sale Price: $269 (save $130)
- Educational Insights GeoSafari Telescope and Microscope Set – Sale Price: $99.97 (save $60)
- Apple Watch Series 3 – Sale Price: $229 (save $30)
- Nespresso Vertuo Next Espresso and Coffee Machine – Sale Price: $169 (save $100.98)
- 11-Piece Cookware Set – Sale Price: $369.97 (save $120)
- 7.5-ft Green Kennedy Christmas Tree – Sale Price: $99.98 (save $70)
Check out these Black Friday deals (sale prices go live at 9 p.m. EST, Nov. 26)
Check out the full selection of Black Friday deals and sales for the Toy & Games Event in Walmart’s Black Friday 2020 flyer.
2Get holiday shopping inspiration.
Wondering what items you simply have to put on your list for all the different people in your life? We’ve created a ton of useful holiday gift guides and editor’s picks to take out the guesswork. Here are a few of our favourite holiday guides:
3Set up a Walmart account in advance to save time.
Your Walmart.ca account securely holds your shipping and payment information, as well as order tracking details, which speeds up the check-out process—a definite bonus during Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales when many items are in high demand.
Want to ship directly to a friend or family member? You can add unlimited mailing addresses to your account address book, so it’s easy to get gifts where they need to go.
4Stay “in the know” with e-newsletters, flyers and social media.
Visit Walmart’s Black Friday page to sign up for weekly emails so you can scan for the best Black Friday deals in your inbox. Plus, you’ll stay up to date on surprise promotions and events.
You might also like
5Use Walmart.ca's shopping list function.
Whether you’re using the Walmart.ca app (which we recommend, since it will have the most up-to-date info!) or the website from your laptop or desktop, you can create as many as 50 shopping lists once you sign up for an account. Label them clearly with “Toys for Avery” or “Tech Favourites” to keep organized.
6Preload your Black Friday and Cyber Monday carts.
Save a little time on the big day!
Black Friday prices go live on Walmart.ca on Thursday, November 26 at 9 p.m. EST. However, you can preload your cart at any time. The day of, it’s easy to remove items that you no longer want. The same goes for Cyber Monday, when sales go live on Sunday, November 29 at 9 p.m. EST.
7Spend less and still get free shipping.
At Walmart.ca, there’s now free shipping on orders of $35 or more. Orders of at least $25 can be shipped to the store for easy pick-up. Some locations even have free curb-side pick-up, too.
8Keep an eye on your open tabs.
On two of the biggest shopping days of the year, it’s OK to refresh your Walmart.ca page—you won’t lose items already saved in your cart. However, try not to have tons of tabs or pages open on your browser to avoid slowdowns on the site.
You might also like
9Stay safe for in-store shopping.
If there was ever a year to plan for online Black Friday shopping, 2020 is it. But if you prefer seeing items in-person before you buy them, know that Walmart is taking extra safety precautions this year. At your local store, you will find:
- Extra Walmart associates outside and on the floor to watch line-up spacing and prevent crowding
- More sanitization stations
- Top items placed strategically around the store with extra open space to help with social distancing
- More mobile checkouts
- Plus, at select stores, customers can skip the line by using a new feature on the Walmart app called “Book a Store Visit” to reserve a shopping time
Here’s what it will look like in action:
Find more info on Walmart Canada’s Black Friday safety measures.
10Check the fine print to avoid surprises.
Make sure you’re familiar with each item’s return policy. Some products are final sale, while others must be returned unopened. You have between 14 and 30 days to return most products.
Now the waiting game begins. Happy shopping!
Prices shown are subject to change. Please check Walmart.ca for the latest pricing.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.