For many dads, kicking it in his backyard with a cold beverage in one hand and spatula in the other is a favourite way to spend a sunny afternoon. And certainly, this Father’s Day, more than any other day, is the chance to indulge dad’s love of barbecuing.
From charcoal barbecues and electric grills to the best BBQ tools and accessories, our barbecue gifts for dad cover it all. With grilling season in full swing, one thing’s for sure: dad will enjoy backyard BBQ cookouts with these great tools at hand.
Best Propane BBQ
Dad will love the Premier 5 Burner Propane Gas Grill from Dyna-Glo featuring 60,000 BTUs of grilling power for fast, even cooking of BBQ meats and vegetables. With 769 total square inches of space for him to cook on, dad can make up to 27 burgers at a time—enough to satisfy a whole family reunion if he dares.
- Dad can easily wheel his grill out of the garage or storage to his ideal cooking spot thanks to the barbecue’s four caster wheels.
- A quick-start integrated ignition system means dad can power up the grill effortlessly.
- Cast iron cooking grates not only add a professional seared look to dad’s servings, but they also provide the ideal surface for retaining and transferring heat directly to food.
Best Charcoal Grill & Smoker Combo
If you’re looking for a new grill to replace Dad’s rusty old smoker, this Premium Kettle Charcoal Grill & Smoker from Char-Griller is the one to grab. Whether dad loves his country ribs smoked or grilled, this charcoal grill will give them a delicious, smoky flavour. With this sleek-looking smoker in his backyard, dad will be the talk of the neighbourhood and the envy of any summer cookout.
- Available in bold red or classic black, this grill gives a stylish finish to any outdoor barbecue gathering.
- Dad will love the hinged lid on this kettle, which allows him to keep his hands free for grilling.
- Side shelves and a bottom storage space make it easy for dad to prepare multiple dishes.
Best BBQ Brush
Help dad keep his grill looking pristine with this Oversized BBQ Grill Brush from Outset. Whether he has a large BBQ or a small one, the oversized bristle head will do all the work for him, making clean-up easy.
- The fine rosewood handle and brass bristles make this a durable brush that can stand up to dad’s power cleaning.
- Dad will always know where to look for this brush, thanks to its loop which allows for easy hanging.
- The ergonomically-designed handle is angled to allow dad to apply pressure without hurting his hand or wrist.
Best BBQ Spatula
This Large Cut BBQ Grill Spatula from Pit Boss is designed for those bigger cuts of meat dad likes to cook. Thanks to its slim handle, the heavy-duty grilling tool gives dad maximum maneuverability. With it, he’ll be able to move, turn and remove meat on the grill without tearing, letting him serve up perfect dishes every time.
- The large cut spatula is perfect for flipping burgers and grilling veggies, so dad can effortlessly serve up all his favourite dishes.
- Made with stainless steel and a Rosewood handle, this professional-grade spatula is built to last; dad doesn’t have to worry it will let him down or fall apart on the job.
- The convenient metal loop lets dad effortlessly hang the spatula on his grill when not in use.
Best Charcoal Igniter
Dad will appreciate this Electric Charcoal Igniter from Pit Boss that was built for safety. The extended handle prevents him from over-reaching, keeping his hands safe from fire burns. Also, the igniter lights charcoal without using fluids or briquettes, so no lighter fuel is needed.
- The electric igniter comes with a 2-meter power cord to keep cooking easy and convenient for dad.
- A high-temperature heat chamber accelerates the combustion process, heating in seconds to 550° Celsius (1022° Fahrenheit), so dad doesn’t have to keep his hungry crew waiting.
- The trigger igniter is easy to operate while helping ensure a safe flame for dad.
Best BBQ Apron
Give dad the rugged pit boss look with this quality BBQ Canvas and Leather Grilling Apron. It’s large and flexible, letting dad wear his favourite outfit while operating the barbecue. Thanks to this apron from Pit Boss, he can keep clean and look good while he barbecues.
- The heat of the grill in summer won’t bother dad as this canvas apron is light, yet thick enough for protection.
- The apron not only comes with embossed leather tool pockets to hold his accessories, but it also has an attached bottle opener, so he can help himself to some refreshments, too.
- The leather straps and brass clip are adjustable for comfort, so dad can always find the right fit.
Best Electric Barbecue
Dads on the move can pick up and go with this Outdoor Electric Grill with VersaStand from Cuisinart. Just the right size for a small family, this barbecue won’t take up a lot of room on a small patio or balcony. It’s also very easy to clean, making lunch and dinners easy on dad.
- Although the grill is compact, its ample cooking grate is large enough to cook most family meals.
- If dad lives in a condo or apartment that doesn’t allow propane or charcoal grills, he can still enjoy a cookout with this electric grill.
- Storage is quick and easy thanks to a telescoping base that quickly transforms this grill from tabletop to floor standing use. Dad can fold it up in seconds, at the end of a long, fun cookout.
Best Outdoor Griddle
Take dad’s next camping trip up a notch with this 22” Gas Tabletop 2 Burner Griddle from Blackstone. From pancakes and bacon to steakhouse-quality filets, this hot top is versatile for any meal. The 330-square inch plate is equipped with two independently controlled heat zones for simultaneous low and high heat cooking, enabling dad to keep up with the demands of the crowd.
- The custom-designed hood keeps temperatures consistent and helps keep the griddle clean between uses.
- Dad can travel anywhere with this portable griddle, which breaks down easily thanks to adjustable legs that keep the griddle level on any terrain.
- The side shelf is handy for seasonings (or dad’s cold drink), and can easily be removed or attached for easy storage on road trips.
Best BBQ Cover
Dad will love this Patio Grill Cover, which will keep his BBQ safe from wind and debris while on the patio. This durable griddle/grill cover from Classic Accessories is made from tough fabric with a water-resistant backing to protect dad’s investment from rain, snow, sun, dirt and cold.
- Dad can ensure a perfect fit thanks to an elastic cord in the bottom hem that hugs the barbecue in a snug enclosure.
- The StayOn elastic loops fit over the legs of dad’s grill, so he won’t have to worry about the cover flying off on windy days.
- The surface of dad’s BBQ will stay in top condition thanks to the thick, waterproof material.
Fuel dad’s pellet grill with Camp Chef’s line of popular flavours. These pellets from Alps Brands will give a smoky flavour to everything dad cooks on the grill. Camp Chef Charwood Pellets will impart an authentic charcoal taste and hearty hickory hardwood flavour on all of dad’s grilled goods.
- Dad doesn’t have to worry about added chemicals, flavours or oils, because these pellets have none. The Charwood Charcoal Hickory premium hardwood pellet blend is 100% all-natural.
- Made from premium solid hardwoods, Camp Chef hardwood pellets burn efficiently to ensure a flavourful grilled meal by dad.
- The ultra-low moisture content keeps the pellets fresh while in storage.
Best Father's Day Card
Here’s your chance to tell dad how much he means to you, with a card that’s sure to put a smile on his face. Decorated with neat, barbecue-themed 3D grilling accessories, this Signature Father’s Day Card from Hallmark reads: “When it comes to being a dad, you smoke the competition.” Is that a tear in his eye, or the onions he just cut?
- This Father’s Day card is something he can proudly display on the mantel.
- Eco-friendly dads will appreciate that Hallmark’s greeting cards are made with trees from sustainable forests.
- The cover of the card features fun, miniature 3D versions of dad’s favourite grilling accessories, like tongs, skewers, ketchup and mustard, hot dogs, a mug of beer and even a classy apron.
Father’s Day Essentials
How we choose products: Simply put, we don’t recommend any products we wouldn’t buy ourselves. Our writers leverage a number of sources as a starting point, including reputable third-party reviews, Walmart.ca user reviews, and Walmart Canada’s category specialists. theHUB editorial staff has final say for all products included in this guide.
Any product claims noted are provided by the manufacturer, unless otherwise stated.
Prices shown are subject to change. Please check Walmart.ca for the latest pricing.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.